Posted by: Mika | 2007/07/19

Severe Athletes Foot

Every winter I get a "bout" of athletes foot and it generally goes away after several days using an antifungal cream. This time around I have used spray, powder and antifungal cream and it just won't go away. The blisters are getting worse and I think that the infection has spread to my hands.

What kind of Doctor do I go to for treatment? A regular GP or shall I go to a Podiatrist? Thanks

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Mika

Thank you for visiting

I would suggest that you consult a Dermatologist, in order to take a skin sample to detect if this is in fact athletes foot. If this is severe athletes foot, he/she will prescribe oral anti-fungals, that should be taken for a long period of time.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.