Question
Posted by: Mika | 2007/07/19

Severe Athletes Foot

Every winter I get a "bout" of athletes foot and it generally goes away after several days using an antifungal cream. This time around I have used spray, powder and antifungal cream and it just won't go away. The blisters are getting worse and I think that the infection has spread to my hands.

What kind of Doctor do I go to for treatment? A regular GP or shall I go to a Podiatrist? Thanks

Dear Mika

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I would suggest that you consult a Dermatologist, in order to take a skin sample to detect if this is in fact athletes foot. If this is severe athletes foot, he/she will prescribe oral anti-fungals, that should be taken for a long period of time.

Kind regards