Question
Posted by: Jackie | 2010/01/15

Settlement Agreement

After 16 years of permanent and above average performance, my services was terminated by what my ex employer prefer to call a settlement agreement. This happened 14 months ago. I did singn the agreement. However it came as such a big shock that in hind sight, I do not think that I was in any state to realise what was happening to me. After the incident I was admitted to a hospital by a shrink for mental and emotional exhaustion. The amount paid to me was the standard retrenchment package of 2 weeks for every completed year service. My question is: can I still do anything about this after 14 months? (I know that a case must be reported to the CCMA within 30 days which I did not do).

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT

Once you have signed the settlement agreement you have very little chance of revisiting this especially as it happened 14 months ago. You were paid double the normal payment. Your chances of challenging anything at the CCMA at this point would be minimal.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/01/18

RE: SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT

Reply to labour lawyer