Question
Posted by: Jabulile | 2006/04/04

Settlement Agreement

Been separated for 2 years and now in a process of divorcing, my question is it right or can I sell some of the assets we accumilated during the marriage, cars, tv, all other small things, yet the settlement agreement we have is that we are going to sell everythign and divide accordingly.

Will I get in trouble with the law for doing this should they find out.

I'm no legal expert, Jabulile, though maybe some other readers can respond, based on their own experiences. I'd think you need a legal opinion ; especially as much may depend on the exact nature of your marriage and gthe divorce / separation agreements.