Question
Posted by: Problem child | 2003/02/09

Servere tireness, headaches, Blurred vision

Hi Cyber doc

I am a 25 year old male who urgently seek help. None smoker/drinker.
Suffering from insomnia, headaches,body aches, blurred vision, tiredness, hotflushes for the last 9 years.

For the past 7 months I`m experiencing neck aches aswell.

I`ve been to numerous Gp`s and Specialists (1xNeurologist, 1xphysiotherapist, 1xpschologist
2xpsychiatric). I recently when to my GP who diagnosed me and told me it could be fibromyalgia. My main concern is the tiredness, hotflushes and blurred vision.

Please help with respect to last mentioned problems and advice to treat fibromyalgia.

Problem child, all your symptoms may fit in with fibromyalgia except maybe the hot flushes. The best would be to first see a specialist before you start taking treatment, but usually it is treated with a combination of drugs. You will have to take a long acting anti-inflammatory, Trepiline®, a good multivitamin and probably a sleeping tablet and something for your mood too.
If you live in or around Pretoria I can refer you to someone, but otherwise you can ask your GP to refer you if his treatment doesn’t work. Good luck.