Question
Posted by: Morné | 2003/01/11

Serotonien

My mother was diagnosed with this condition. The doctor only told her that her level of "serotonien" is 77 and should be 300. She would like to know more about this condition like for instance what causes it and how she could help get rid of it?

Morne, serotonin deficiency can cause body aches and pains, depression, sleeping problems, stomach problems and a host of other symptoms. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter involved in most of the body’s functions, but the symptom that makes most people go to the doctor is a depressed mood. To tell you the truth, I’ve never taken blood to measure someone’s serotonin levels because the pills used to treat it are so safe and effective that they can be used as a therapeutic test. The pills belong to a family called the selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRI’s) and she can ask her doctor to prescribe her some. Good luck.

1
Posted by: aUser | 2003/01/13

As far as I know Serotonin is a chemical that can been seen as your "HAPPY" chemical of your mind SSRI's are usefull but by far will better will be something like Aurorex (Moclobemide) "The reversible inhibitors of monoamine oxidase type A (RIMAs) are a newer group of antidepressants that have had much less impact on clinical psychopharmacology than another contemporary class of medications, the selective serotonin reuptake-inhibitors (SSRIs). " http://www.biopsychiatry.com/moclob.htm

Using 5HTP will also increase the natural production of serotonin.

Reply to aUser