Question
Posted by: desperado | 2007/03/05

serious muscle spams-fed up!!

Hi I gave birth to my girl 8 weeks ago.
During pregnancy I had muscle spasm in my shoulders and higher back and I assumed it was just due to the pregnancy.

No it's still there and even worse!!!! I can't sleep at night as I can't move and the muscle is very tight and paining like hell. I can't feel it pull together in knots etc.

I went to the Chiropractor a few times as well as to the Physio. I even started taking magnesium and calcium. I do stretches everyday with excercise ball. Try heat and drink Voltaren and Norflex (more than I'm allowed to) but NOTHING works.

Please help me! where can I go to? what can I do. I'm getting so depressed that I feel like killing myself just to get rid of the pain and can't even sleep anymore.

how else can I get rid of it or at least ease the pain?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

A Post natal check up - at the 6 to 8 week period after birth, is always advisable. Physiotherapy and Chiropractic care combined often achieve good results - but do continue with your treatment until your doctor and therapist are satisfied.