Question
Posted by: Vee | 2004/11/19

SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES

Hi Cyber - A good friend of mine is having problems with 17 yr old daughter / drugs/ cutting. She spent a fortune to send the daughter to Kenilworth for a few weeks and counselling. Daughter has opted out of school as she would have to repeat year meaning she would be much younger than other youth. Daughter now seriously restricted. My friend keeps looking into her eyes to see if she is on drugs. I gave her name of parent support group. I never had this sort of problems with my children so not sure if I understand but can listen and suggest where to go for help (I'm quite resourceful) - In life I have my LBE (Learnt by experience) in most things but not this. Also don't understand about cutting - why do people do that....is it because she no longer takes drugs????? What can I do to help besides just support.
Date: 19/11/2004

I've read and snwered this question already --- ceck back at your first posting of it, and don't be so darn impatient !

3
Posted by: Vee | 2004/11/20

SO CYBER YOU SAY I MUSN'T BE IMPATIENT - HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW IF I TELL YOU THE GIRL COMMITTED SUICIDE.

Reply to Vee
Posted by: Minnie Muis | 2004/11/19

Hi There Well I can relate with the cutting. Sometimes people can't talk about how they feeling and when they feeling bad they sometimes cut themselves to feel better.I know this is not the best way but it' gives them relieve.But sometimes it becomes a habbit and they can't stop.Just be there for her listen,care and love.

Reply to Minnie Muis
Posted by: Lee | 2004/11/19

Wow you friend is lucky to have you. We need more people like you in the world. I cannot help you with information but the one thing I can help with and I will is keep both your friend, her daughter and you in my prayers because I know God answers all things.

Reply to Lee