Posted by: Madeleine | 2012/05/31

Septic Colon

My husband''s colon is septic, with blood blisters on it. What diet should he follow?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Madeleine
I am so sorry to hear that your poor husband is suffering from a septic colon with blood blisters. This is a very serious medical condition which requires a specific diet prescription that must be worked out for each patient individually. Please consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area).
The dietitian will have to guide you and your hubby as regards which foods he can tolerate and also decide if he needs to use a liquid meal supplement until his condition has improved somewhat.
Holding thumbs

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.