Question
Posted by: KS | 2004/10/28

separate medical aid

my husband is currently on my medical aid.we both work in the banking industry and us such the medical aid is Bankmed. My question is this -with the total cost to company package concept-is it bettter for him to have his own medical aid under his own name. the fact that he is not 'using' his medical aid portion from his company does it mean he is looding out?

Expert ImageArchive

Is he joins his own medical aid the premium will be higher because he will then also be seen as a principal member and a principle member's premium is higher. It is better for him to stay with you.