Question
Posted by: Stacy | 2004/11/01

Sensitive feet

My foot skin is really sensitive, so much so that for the past few years i've only had one pair of summer shoes that didn't cut my skin (and they have heels,which isn't an ideal summer shoe for a tall person). I recently bought a new pair that i thought would be fine, but upon wearing, and tearing my feet open, i found they weren't.Then i tried again, but they still rub my feet open. Obviously with new shoes there is some pain, but mine never goes away, it heals, then rubs open again. It's extremely painful. My mother has the same problem and i struggle to find shoes, i'm only 20 and female, and so despair when i realise i can't wear more than half the shoes on the shelf, as they will only end up hurting me. I saw a pair of slip slops the other day made of clear plastic, it was like looking at a razor blade, i knew i'd never be able to wear them. Is there anything i can do to toughen my skin? All the products on the shelf are for skin softening, i have the opposite problem, my feet are too soft!!

Stacy, the best would first be to try and find out if there is something wrong with your skin. That way you can target the problem at the source and be rid of it forever. The best person to help you with something like this is a dermatologist. Good luck.