Question
Posted by: Anton | 2005/12/05

Send SMS urgently!

Hi everyone. The Cape Argus newspaper is running a survey to see whether people approve of gay marriage, and it seems that the bulk of people are opposed to it. The negative backlash against gay marriage is starting!!! PLEASE PLEASE participate in the survey, SMS 32027 - unfortunately the SMS costs R1 each.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Thanks Anton,

The Argus is only reporting people opposing same-sex marriage and isn't giving the number of people who support same-sex marriage. This seems very biased.

2
Posted by: Lee | 2005/12/05

As Xpert, Nikki and others have said, the work only starts now. We've awoken the beast and we still need to hear it roar, so its time to get cracking on writing letters to the press to negate the prejudice and homophobia that's being unleashed. Well done to everyone here for a really great forum.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Clyde | 2005/12/05

I think you're right, the homophobic letters are starting to appear in the newspapers already, two in today's Argus alone. And not one "pro" letter. And both the anti letters are from Christians who claim to speak on behalf of all Christians.

I'm a gay Christian and proud of it.

Reply to Clyde