Question
Posted by: Bizo | 2004/01/28

Send me info about digestionl

I constantly get constipated and fell like my metabolism is slow especialy on my upper stomach. I have been advised to take hihg fibre food which I do but no signicant improvement on my metabolism.

Dear Bizo
If eating high-fibre bran cereal, wholewheat bread and legumes does not promote your bowel movements, then you can also try eating dried fruit that has been soaked overnight in hot water and then boiled till soft with the addition of some sugar or honey. Eat the fruit and some of the liquid in which the dried fruit has been soaked every morning with your high-fibre bran. If this still does not help, try Fybogel (buy at pharmacy), which is a gentle laxative that does not disrupt bowel health.
I do hope this will help.