Posted by: me | 2007/03/16

semen burning me

doc, have you ever heard of partners being allergic to one another's body fluid? i've searched your archive and found many questions and experiences about this, with your answers to each of them "an infection or try ky jelly".
i can go and wash my vagina after sex, but then it already burns. or what we now do is my husband gets out of my vagina to ejaculates.......what's the fun in that????
what if nothing works and with labtests showing that there are infections or thrusts.....
i never got this from my other sexpartners, only since my marriage.....what can i do please please please, it is affecting my sexdrive and relationship!!!!!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You would not have an allergy to semen. What probably happens is that the friction of sex causes some irritation of the vagina. When your husband ejaculates, the semen burns the irritated area. This can be lessened by using KY jelly. Obviously infections have to be excluded.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.