Question
Posted by: Lee | 2004/10/12

Self Tan lotion and Pregnancy

Hi there,

I am 31 weeks pregnant and would like to know if it is safe to use self tannimg lotion. I know one needs to avoid sun etc due to pigmentation worsening, but is any self tan safe or only specific ones. Is there anyone that has used it during pregnancy before.

Local products are mostly safe

2
Posted by: Kate | 2004/10/13

I wanted to know this the other day and I had seen it asked before so I search through the archives. The doctor has recently said it is okay, but her postings before have said that there is a slight chance of the product being absorbed into your blood stream and could be toxic.

For this reason I am still not sure if it is worth it. Just thought I would mention it to you.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/10/12

Subject: self tanning spray and ttc
Posted by: Jessica
Message:

I would like to find out, Summer is coming and I usually use a self-tanning spray, don't like what sun-tanning does to your skin when you get older, is this safe when ttc?

Thanx
Hi I don't know if this is of any help, but this was gynaedoc's answer to my question on self tanning spray (I just prefer the spray to the lotion it works on your own skin tone, thus look more natural I think it's tropizone?)

I asked whether it is safe during ttc, surely if it is then it should be fine during pregnancy.

Jessica
Date: 10/9/2004

Subject:
Posted by: Gynaedoc
Message:

Yes it is.

Date: 12/9/2004

Best of luck with your pregnancy

Jessica

Reply to Jessica