Question
Posted by: Tobey | 2008/06/06

Self-Injured Fingernail

Hi, I recently intentionally ripped off a strip of skin on the right side of my middle finger that was bothering me. I am 46 yrs. old and Diabetic and I'm worried that it might get infected or something worse. It is very painful around the top of my finger and extends to the middle. I always work with my hands. What could happen?First-aid tips?Thanks you.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you put dressings of Bactroban on your finger on a daily basis, to prevent infection of the nail bed. If it worsens, I recommend that you consult your GP.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Tobey | 2008/06/06

The strip of skin was connected to my nail and skin. Sorry I'm trying to be really specific. Thank you.

Reply to Tobey