Question
Posted by: Rabbit | 2004/10/31

self esteem

Could you please give me some advice on how to improve my self esteem. The world is a lonely place without friends and belief in yourself.

Dear Rabbit,
That's actually a huge question to try to answer within this short space ! You'd benefit most from personal counselling, especially of the CBT ( COgnitive-Behaviour Therapy ) variety, to help build up your self confidence and recognize your own excellent qualities. I am presently reviewing a good book on exactly how an individual can work on this themselves, and hope before long to be reviewing it within this site, and then one would be able to buy copies online, too. After the weekend, when our regulars return, I'm sure they'll also have much positive advice to give you. You need not be lonely or without friends.

1
Posted by: TW | 2004/11/01

Firstly do you know how beautiful you are in Gods eyes???

He made you in your mother womb everything about you is how you supposed to be...now some people out there are perhaps better looking or have more money or lots of freinds but that doesnt always mean they are happy inside!

We are all special and have different things to offer in this world! I can personally suggest you try go visit a church and start knowing how much God has planned in your life. You can also join a cell group there and make some genuine freindships there too. Its always difficult in the begining but take one thing at a time, and soon you will look back and think I cant believe I was once in that situation.

God bless :)

Reply to TW