Posted by: anon | 2008/07/18

seems like im not quite alone?

been searching around health24, and as many of you know thinz are not available anymore - as easily. i woke up just now (yes, it' s noon, actually early - yesterday i woke up after 3pm) i felt desperate to search the net to see if thinz are already put ' ' behind the counter' '  as the last time i bought it was still available.

after reading and reading now and realizing the desperate measures people go through to get hold of it, i had i quick vision of my almost 2years using it. ive replaced a bulimic past with the fantastic control thinz brought, in my life. but so many memories feel so fake. i know my husband doesnt really understand this )(& *^???? i dont know what to call it - but he does comment on my mood, my unhappiness, and i dont expect him to, how can he. he only knows the facts and how can i expect him to understand something thats been all ive know for almost 15 years. i balling my eyes out as ive never ever spoken so openly about this at least i can stay anon - though this can be a voice for so many desperate, secretly out of control people out there... ive never told anyone this is all i think about everyday most of the one knows every morning i wake up i lift up my top to see if my stomach is bigger and drop my pants to see if my thighs are thicker. or if my collar bone sticks out one knows how elated i feel when my chin looks less flabby than the day before - and in my mind this is one knows that ive had insomnia for about 2 years but the work must go on and what do people really ask when they want to know ' how are you' , what if i told them? my dearest friends do know ive always had a struggle and as you know they can never understand cause ' ' you are so beautiful and blahblah' '  sometimes i do believe that, i know i can look beautiful and in the eyes of the world are anything but overweight. i just cannot get myself (for as long as i know) to ever eat or anticipate a dinner or going out (like tonight, i organized it can you believe - but im the ever perfect social butterfly, only now without her control) without thinking about food just for what it is and enjoy it for what it is. ANYTHING, even fruit i will remember the next day.

people reading this considering anything im talking about, especially teen girls - young adults, - when im with my friends im always the one listening to them and giving my always available objective advise - please dont. please. its not worthit feeling like this. i do wish you could see a picture of my life. i wish i can explain to you what it feels like to wake up an hour or 2 before your husband gets home from work...not wanting to do anything, always feeling guilty for not being that bright eyed young woman with her beautiful warmth and passion for others. not being that woman friends admire so much..if only they knew.

i dont know what to say anymore, perhaps i just couldnt hold it inside anymore.

ive got to pick myself up know, got to meet a friend for lunch and for the past 3 days ive been NERVOUS about what im going to eat or what to choose off the menu, or even how i can out of it.

i just really want to climb back into bed now. i never thought it possible that i would end up sitting here like this at 29, with so, so much in my life, but also this THING, - i dont understand - because i always felt so much in control - but i know...when you high up and you fall, it' s just so much harder down there, here....

ps  ive been on this site a few times and noticed how indifferent and hurtful people can be. please dont comment on my post if you want to say something that might criticize me, i really have reached a low now and it would help me only for the worse. i would like to see my recovery, as i like to think about it, as a time of support and compassion, and not find reason to have a relapse of some sort.(emotionally)

and doc, im sorry about this, youve been faced with this so often - i actually just wanted to say something out loud.

Dear Anon
My heart bleeds for you because of all the pain and suffering you have lived with and the fact that you are not in control of your own life and are probably seriously addicted to Thinz - this one of the worst side-effects of slimming pills that contain epinephrine or pseudo-epinephrine - addiction and dependence. So what you are experiencing right now is drug-withdrawal symptoms. PLEASE get some expert help right now from a clinical psychologist or an Eating Disorder Clinic, to help you work out what underlying psychological problems are driving you to self-destruct and to learn most positive ways of dealing with these problems, and to help you get through the withdrawal phase. If you are in Gauteng then it may help to contact Tara Hospital as they have an Eating Disorder clinic (phone (011) 783-2010. In Cape Town and environs you can contact the Kenilworth Clinic (021) 797-1400 and in KwaZulu Natal there is Riverview Manor (033) 701-1911, or contact them on: .You should also consult a clinical dietitian to assist you to get back to eating normally again. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area.
Go for expert help ASAP, because you cannot sustain this pain on your own any more.
Holding thumbs for you

Posted by: Desperate | 2008/09/09

Hi Porky,

I agree 100% with you. Now we' re not only chubby, but also drug addicts. I went to my GP, and she was not will to prescibe any appetite suppressants. I am really out of ideas. I tried going to gym, but now I am eating even more!!!

Reply to Desperate
Posted by: Porky | 2008/09/01

I take Thinz at night so that I can wake up in time for work. I have a teenage son and a son who is very sick and cannot do anything for himself and that alone is so much work for the weekend that by the Monday I am frazelled. Please note that my son does needs to be moved at night as he cannot turn himself and that alone turns me into a zombie the next day. I am not on a medical aid and cannot go to hundreds of doctors and dietians to sort myself out as there is so much else for me to do. Please can anyone who has any idea how hard life can be get back to me and advise what is the right thing to do without loosing control of your life - which just does not wait until your energy is back. And people do not see how much stress you are under and get such a great delight if your weight is out of control. And even their nicknames which are not only insulting, and hurtful. Now to be put into the category as a drug addict just proves how cruel this world is? Now we have another problem as we were only trying to get a solution to a problem now we have even more to go through. And usually the ones who do not have a weight problem will always put a surplus of food for the whole department in the open plan area where I work, making life that much more disciplined. Obesity in South Africa is getting out of control and now with the new legislation we are going to have to do something else to help people with a weight problem.

Reply to Porky
Posted by: Desperate | 2008/08/28

Hi, my Thinz usage was never out of control. Always one a day! I had never problems sleeping or concentrating. Thinz just kept my weight at bay.
I just hope that there is life after Thinz. And hopefully a thin life!!!!

Reply to Desperate
Posted by: Sympathetic | 2008/08/28

i have used thinz since i was 15 and used to use it to wake up and work " better"  i also used it to keep my weight at bay. it got out of control and i landed up drinking a bottle a day! its taken me 3 months to feel better! i sleep properly now and can concentrate. my moods are constant and i feel great. i picked up about 10kgs which i am now steadily losing without thinz and thats by just eating right! Don' t worry girls! there is hope out there and life after Thinz!!!!!

Reply to Sympathetic
Posted by: Desperate | 2008/08/26

Hi, I have been using Thinz for years to keep my weight at bay. I am not addicted to it, I am dependent. I dont know what I am going to do. I will eat compulsively, and even when I cant eat anymore I will still continue. Since Thinz is not available anymore OTC, I gained 9kg.
I dont know what I am going to do. And I am sure I am not alone in my battle. What is going to happen to the obesity in this country? I think weight related illnesses will increase and going to cost the medical aids millions!

Reply to Desperate
Posted by: Me | 2008/07/22

Good luck - I wil also keep you in my thoughts and prayers

Reply to Me
Posted by: Dude | 2008/07/18

Hi are not alone, like myself I have almost of the same problem into my head...just thinking and thinking about one problem that I never ever got climb' s like my life turn around this problem!!! We don' t need WORDS anymore, we HAVE to see something HAPPEN!!!

Reply to Dude
Posted by: mom2k | 2008/07/18

hello there
i just want to say im sorry abt the way you feel, i wish you had the happiness you deserve, i wll pray for you and hopw you will feel better

Reply to mom2k