Question
Posted by: lofat | 2004/10/13

Seeking fat-free products

I'm learning to cook low-fat low-cholesterol. Quite a few of the recipes in the excellent (American) book I'm using call for fat-free items or food substitutes we don't have in South Africa. Do you know if and where in Cape Town I could get such useful items as:
fat-free sour cream, fat-free buttermilk, fat-free cheeses, egg substitute, fat-free liquid creamer, and so on?

Dear Lofat
I would check Woolworths as they have a number of excellent low-fat or fat-free products, as well as an entire diet food range.

1
Posted by: c | 2004/10/15

fat-free cottage or cream cheese and/or fat-free yogurt can be substituted for most other dairy products and mayonaise in most dishes.

Reply to c