Posted by: Nunu | 2008/09/01

Seeing things

How " normal"  is it to hallucinate, just after waking?

Im figuring it makes a bit of sense since people talk in there sleep when there half awake?.. but this is a bit weirder..

Every now and then, since a couple of months ago, when I wake up, I see things that arn' t there. I used to see Spiders the size of small dogs, (about 4-6 times), I saw a half-spider/half-locust once, and this weekend I saw the 02 flying stuffed animals (SERIOUSLY). When I see these things I see them for about 10-15 seconds... I can blink and check, and there still there, they start fading slowly after about 10 seconds, till there gone.

Am I crazy? or do I just need more sleep or something?

Fascinating question, nunu ! Entirely normal, in most instances. Rejoicing in the great names of HYpnogogic and Hypnopompic Hallucinations. And its typical that you notice them as odd ( rather than accepting them as entirely real ) and that they fade within seconds, as you finish waking up. Not crazy, don't necessarily need more sleep, though it probably couldnt cause any problem