Question
Posted by: landi | 2008/07/22

SEEING STARS

Sometimes when I look to a side (without moving my head, only my eyes) I see " stars"  and sometimes I get cramps in my feet and legs. What could this be?

Dear Landi
Visual disturbances can be caused by many different conditions (for example, eye diseases, certain medications, eye strain, so-called dry eye syndrome, etc). Cramps in the lower legs and feet can be due to mineral deficiencies (often caused by excessive water intake), inactivity, poor blood circulation, etc. If the visual disturbances persist and if the cramps become excessive, I would recommend that you ask your medical dr to check your eyes and blood levels of potassium, sodium, magnesium and calcium.
Hope you feel better soon.