Posted by: Jel | 2007/02/15

Seeing a gynae

I have been on yasmin for the past year. I am sexully active and 22. I should probably start seeing a gynae now???? And even if you are not sexually active and you are usually the pill,should you still see a gynae.
If yes. Can you suggest someone in Pta - northern side please.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Yes you should see a gynaecologist if you are sexually active. If you are not sexually active and on the Pill, there must be some reason for this and you should also see a gyanecologist.
I cannot make recommendations on this site.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Maya | 2007/02/16

Yes you must see a gynae once a year for a pap smear. It's when a small sample is taken to test for abnormal cell growth and is very important to ensure all round health. Unfortunately I don't know of a doc in the PTA area but I'm sure someone will post to you soon:)

Reply to Maya

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.