Question
Posted by: Jel | 2007/02/15

Seeing a gynae

I have been on yasmin for the past year. I am sexully active and 22. I should probably start seeing a gynae now???? And even if you are not sexually active and you are usually the pill,should you still see a gynae.
If yes. Can you suggest someone in Pta - northern side please.

Yes you should see a gynaecologist if you are sexually active. If you are not sexually active and on the Pill, there must be some reason for this and you should also see a gyanecologist.
I cannot make recommendations on this site.

1
Posted by: Maya | 2007/02/16

Yes you must see a gynae once a year for a pap smear. It's when a small sample is taken to test for abnormal cell growth and is very important to ensure all round health. Unfortunately I don't know of a doc in the PTA area but I'm sure someone will post to you soon:)

Reply to Maya