Question
Posted by: Sillie | 2007/07/26

Secretive

I'm married and in my thirties,stay with my cousin a teenager girl.
somehow is difficult for me to discuss things like boyfriends with her.
she is a good child,talks to me about most of things ,very open, but i'm not sure how to ask her about teens stuff.
As a teenager i was always secretive about boys issues.even now that i'm married i can't disuss intimate issues with friends.
once someone mention their sex life with partners or any intimate issue it doesn't feel good to me to tell them about mine.i feel discrediting my hubby i hate it.
even my younger sister was afraid to tell me she was pregnant (before marriage)since she knows i will not approve such behaviour.
she is in her late twenties but i have never get to know/meet her boyfriends.
some thinks i'm very strict,while most whon i have grown up with thinks i don't like people,proud ,shy.
while to those who just acquainted with me knows me as a very talkative person,always smiling,very friendly and my new friends thinks i don't get problems in my marriage,
since that is the picture i'm showing them,cause i don't discuss my family problems with them rather go for professional people.
do i need CBD counselling? what is wrong with me?

I'm not sure WHY you would want to discuss intimate, sexual things with a young cousin. I don't see anything necessarily wrong with you wanting to discuss intimate problems with a professional rather than with friends and family. If you had some brief counselling, it'd focus more on why this bothers you so much, than on why you are careful with whom you share intimate matters