Question
Posted by: SJL | 2005/12/01

Second time around

My husband has a 6 yr old from a previous marriage. We are planning to have another child (my first). My question is - surely it is normal for him not to be as excited the second time around? He's gone through it, he knows what to expect, and he's learnt everything already? This really gets me down cos I just wish that we could experience this together - learn about it together. Am I justified in my thinking?

Everyone will react differently. Explain your reactions and hopefully he will try to experience them with you.