Question
Posted by: Louisa | 2004/10/26

Second line on HPT faint.Am I Pregnant??

I did a HPT yesterday. A second line did appear very very faintly. However after a hour it disappeared. A then got another test (other make as well), a second pink line also appeared but again fainter than the first line. Does this mean I am pregnant. If so I cant believe it. Had a miscarriage in March at 4 and a half weeks since then been trying again.

Is it necessary to go for blood test? If a calculate correctly my LMP was on the 23 Sept, therefore I think I will be 5 weeks on Thursday.

Thanks to all .

Regards.

You probably have a very early pregnancy. A blood test would confirm this more accurately.

3
Posted by: Marlize | 2004/10/26

HI there

When I did my HPT my line was so light that I thought it was negative and when I went to throw the test away only then did I see the line.
Today I am 25 weeks pregnant.

If you want to be 100%,you could go for a blood test(But I believe it will give you the same result)

Congrats and enjoy every moment!!

Reply to Marlize
Posted by: Norma | 2004/10/26

If there is a second line you are pregnant. Do a blood test...

Reply to Norma
Posted by: rene | 2004/10/26

Hi Louisa,

If there is any line no matter how faint it would be positive. When I did a HPT the line was very faint. Only a couple of days later the was te second blood test was positive. The count for the first test was too low to safely say it was positive. I am now 19 weeks.

Do a blood test in a couple of days to make absolutely sure.
Good luck.
Rene

Reply to rene