Question
Posted by: Smo | 2007/05/15

Second Baby

I had a problem in falling pregnant for about 4 years, the dr recommended that I remove my cubes and do IVF and I did, it became successful at first time, which was good news! 3 years after my first pregnancy I did IVF again, it became successful and it was twins, unfortunately after 20 weeks of my pregnancy I lost my babies, the doctor said it was due to inefficiency of the cervix, so I want to know that, if I repeat the procedure again will I then be able to carry the child until the birth period, also if I opt for twins, will I be able to carry them in this situation?

Dear Smo

If the problem is cervical incompetence then a simple circlage stitch put in at about between 12 and 14 weeks should improve the prognosis significantly.