Question
Posted by: seaweeds - skin reaction | 2007/12/09

seaweeds - skin reaction

For the past 7 weeks , I've been taking an organic powder supplement containg various seaweeds, kelp, nori , alfalfa, barley etc.
All was ok for a while, but now within 1 hour of taking the supplement, the skin around my mouth, chin, nose and neck starts to sting
and goes very red and irritated. This last for up to 16 hours.
Are my symptoms typical of an allergy to the ingredients?
If yes, do you know perhaps which one?

Dear Seaweeds
From what you describe this does sound like an allergic reaction, but there is not way to tell which one of the many ingredients in the product could be causing this reaction. It is important that you stop using this product and see a Dermatologist so that you can obtain prophylactic treatment in case this should occur again, as you may now have sensitised your system to one or other ingredient.