Question
Posted by: seaweeds - skin reaction | 2007/12/09

seaweeds - skin reaction

For the past 7 weeks , I've been taking an organic powder supplement containg various seaweeds, kelp, nori , alfalfa, barley etc.
All was ok for a while, but now within 1 hour of taking the supplement, the skin around my mouth, chin, nose and neck starts to sting
and goes very red and irritated. This last for up to 16 hours.
Are my symptoms typical of an allergy to the ingredients?
If yes, do you know perhaps which one?

Dear Seaweeds
Yes this sounds like an allergy, and it is very difficult to determine which specific herb could be causing this, unless you can exclude them one for one. Best to rather avoid this supplement