Question
Posted by: seaweeds - skin reaction | 2007/12/09

seaweeds - skin reaction

For the past 7 weeks , I've been taking an organic powder supplement containg various seaweeds, kelp, nori , alfalfa, barley etc.
All was ok for a while, but now within 1 hour of taking the supplement, the skin around my mouth, chin, nose and neck starts to sting
and goes very red and irritated. This last for up to 16 hours.
Are my symptoms typical of an allergy to the ingredients?
If yes, do you know perhaps which one?

Expert ImageNatural health

i

the products contain a lot of iodine (seaweed, kelp and barley) this might been aggravating your system. I would suggest stop the supplement until the symptoms has disappeared and then slowly reintroduce one by one (each one for 3 days) and see which one gives you the reaction. Drink lots of water to try and flush the allergen out your body.

Dr Debbie

1
Posted by: amy | 2008/06/05

what foods should I avoid when I am a sufferer of IBS, Spastic colon as well as Iodine/jodium allergy

Reply to amy