Question
Posted by: Lee | 2008/01/16

Seafood while preggies?

I've heard that one shouldn't eat seafood during pregnancy. Is that only shell fish or all seafood? Is fish and that not good for a preggie women cause of the omega 6? Please clarify on what fish i can and cannot eat during my pregnancy. Thank you...

If you are allergic to shellfish, you should not eat it, otherwise there is no problem. Tinned fish, such as tuna, tends to contain high levels of mercury, so you should not eat this more than twice a week.

2
Posted by: Lee | 2008/01/17

Thanks,

Reply to Lee
Posted by: ROXY | 2008/01/16

The fish that should not be eaten are shark, swordfish, king mackerel, and tilefish because they could contain enough mercury to damage a foetal brain.
You can choose shellfish, canned fish, smaller ocean fish -- just pick a variety of different species.limit tinned tuna

Reply to ROXY