Question
Posted by: NAUDE | 2006/07/19

SCREEN TEST

CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS TOXICOLOGY SCREEN TEST. HER ANTICADIOLIPIN ANA ANCA AND ENA SCREENS WERE NEGATIVE ANTITHROMBIN 3 LEVEL ALONG WITH NEGATIVE LUPS ANTICOAGULANT HE WAS ALSO HOMZYGOUS 1 TYPE FOR BOTH V LEIDEN AND PROTHROMBIN VARIANTS PROTEIN S (FREE) WAS SLIGHTLY LOW AT 0.55 THE SIGNIFICANCE OFVTHIS WAS UNCERTAIN GIVEN THAT SHE HAD BEEN ON THE ORAL CONTRACEPTIVE PILL AND SHE HAD RECEIVED LOW MOLECULAR WEIGHT HEPARIN THE PREVIOUS DAY. HER VDRL/SYPHILIS SEROLOGY WAS ALSO NEGATIVE

Dear Naude
To interpret a blood test you actually have to know what you are looking for and it is very difficult for me to give an opinion without knowing the patient or the problem. I don't want to give you wrong information.
What I can say from this is
She does not have syphilis and it seems that she does not have outo-immune disease.