Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2004/11/26

Scraping of Fetus.

I would like to find out if in a case that a miscarriage takes place, does it say on the hospital bills that it in fact was a miscarriage. And if not, what it does in fact say. And my last question would be on how a miscarriage are performed, do they operate on a person and how long do you have to stay in hospital for. The fetus are 8 weeks old.

There are codes for medical procedures, so it will probably say Evacuation of the uterus or D&C.
The procedure is done by suctioning or scraping the products out of the uterus. You should be able to go home the same day.

3
Posted by: Blue | 2004/11/26

I have a miscarriage (Fetus stopped growing & had no heartbeat - also called missed aborion -so I had to do a D & C. The booking on the hospital was 'Evacuation of the Uterus'. I was in hospital for a couple of hours may be 4/5. There is no way one can go back to work afterward though.

I don't know what they for Induced Abortion (Where you chose to terminate pregananct)

Reply to Blue
Posted by: Lisa | 2004/11/26

The term is an "Abortion". In the case of a miscarriage it is a "Natural Abortion", rather than an "Induced Abortion", which is a Termination of Pregnancy (ToP).

The gynaecologist will simply do a D&C (womb scrape) under a very mild anaesthetic and you will be able to go home a couple of hours later, although you will not be allowed to drive until the next day.

Reply to Lisa
Posted by: Jube Jube | 2004/11/26

A miscarriage is a natural occurence where you lose your baby unintentionally, I think you are talking about an abortion? When the Fetus is removed from the womb either surgically or medically? You dont have to stay in hospital, its a quick procedure .

Reply to Jube Jube