Question
Posted by: Hilda | 2004/11/12

Scotts Emulsion

Doc

If a child is allergic to fish will she react if given scotts emulsion? i think it contains fish oils? which other supplement for omega 3 is suitable for a 15 month old? In terms of her diet besides fish what can we give her to boost her omega EFA's. It is vital for her future health and possible hereditary conditions that i ensure she has enough of these in her diet now already so I really would appreciate your answer!

Thanks for being the BEST!

Hilda, it all depends on what in fish she’s allergic to, but you have to be careful. The main source of Omega 3 oils is fish, but DietDoc will be able to give you a list of alternatives.
It isn’t vital to take omega 3 as we don’t even know that she has a problem, but to take them as a supplement is a good idea. Drop DietDoc a line and see what she has to say. Good luck.
PS Wish I was the best, but thanks anyway. :-)