Question
Posted by: Herman | 2006/07/29

scoliosis

I've read on the Web about MicroSpine surgery for pain relief. Can you tell me more and is threre any body performing it in SA? She is suffering from backache daily. Her Specialist said at this stage the only remedy is a total fusion.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Herman,

You don't really tell me enough about the person's symptoms, age and onset for me to make a judgement. I would however strongly recommend that a surgical fusion is considered as a last option and that you have exhausted other forms of more conservative treatment. Please give me some more information and I will endeavour to provide you with a more definitive answer.

Best wishes,

Gary Riley