Posted by: Shaz | 2009/01/15


Hi Doc,

Please help me, My man has been diagnosed with Sciatica, he had a car accident a few months ago and later on started having excruciating back pains, yesterday he was told he has sciatica.

What I need to know is, what are the possible treatments?, will he recover fully? and how long will it take for him to get back on his feet with the proper treatment, he is literally in pain 24 hrs a day.

Please help as we are also hoping to start a family as soon as we get married. He is turning 40 soon. WHat are his chances of full recovery and what is the best possible treatment can he get?.

Your help is appreciated.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageChiroDoc

Much depends upon the cause of the Sciatica - but a physical examination and possibly x/rays of his lower back is indicated. A chiropractor is a good option in treating such cases, which normally respond fairly quickly. The sooner one attends to this - the better your chances of a quicker recovery.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.