Question
Posted by: Nervy | 2004/09/20

Sciatic nerve getting on my nerves

My hubby suffers with a leg that keeps him out of his sleep (and mine) and it is so bad sometimes, he is permanently in agony. It is a sciatic nerve problem. He used to pop Myprodols by the dozens to stop the pain. I am desperate, we have no medical aid, so he is postponing it because he has no time to take off at work to sit at a government hospital the whole day. My concern is, what will happen if it is not seen to. He is 44yrs old and I feel he could have a better quality of life. He trains at gym everyday too, could that be harmful in any way? Please advise..thank you.

Nervy, training might worsen the inflammation and of course the pain. The best would be for him to stop the training for a while, just do stretching exercises and take a long acting anti-inflammatory like Brexecam®. If it doesn’t clear up the best would be for him to see a neurosurgeon. Good luck.