Question
Posted by: charlie | 2004/01/14

sciatic like nerve pain

For about a year and a half now I have had sciatic like nerve pain. I went to every possible doctor, had x-rays, mri scan, nerve conductive test, fisio, pilates etc. Theres nothing wrong with my back. The neorosurgeon found nothing wrong with my mri scan so there the help stopped. My GP also don't know, he says its just some arthirites pain, but my x-rays indicate no arthirites. The nerve conductance test indicate a slower nerve reaction in my L4/L5, but having problems in this section can not give you pain at the back of my left buttocks going down at the back of my leg into my foot. My leg also become so stiff that its sometimes impossible the straight it and lift upwards. The pain is exactly the same as if you look at some pictures describing sciatic nerve pain. The fisio told me at my first appointment that my L5/Sacrum was turned to the left, which was a bit strange. But after 10 or more treatments the pain stayed, sometimes got worse. I did strengthening strenches and excesices, pilates. The pain stayed the same or got worse some days. By luck I found that drinking calcium sandoz forte, magnesium and calium, my pain was less and the stiffness much better, but still the basic sciatic pain stayed there all day long. The pain is better in the morning, getting worse as soon as I started working (computer programmer) and very bad in the evenings. I started laying down on a mattress at home after work. Sometimes I can sit on a chair and no pain/pain gets better, and sometimes I can sit on a chair in a few minutes my buttocks begins to pain alot! I drive 180km a day to work and home, have a grand car with good seats. Have the car for 9 months before pain began. Thus, I can't see how its the car. I have seen that the chair angle makes a difference. If I sat on a plastic vacation chair the pain is much better. But still the pain and what effects it is not consistent. Sometimes days can go by and the pain is ok, and then the pain is very bad and stays for days at a time.

I didn't hurt myself or anything of the sort. Nothing was wrong until I went and work at a Middelburg plant site for a few days, traveling everyday. There I sat on a very hard iron chair the whole day. After the 3 days my legs started to pain. A few days on only the left side keep on hurting and from there on up to now I have had that buttocks pain every day.

Can you please help me. Is there maybe something else in my body, a ligament problem or something that can cause the pain. Or if you can maybe refer me to a very good specialist or somebody that can help me. I'm only 25/female and can't leave it like this forever. Please...?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Dear Charlie
You seem to have tried everything but chiropractic. Please visit a chiropractor for another opinion.

1
Posted by: charlie | 2004/01/22

That was the first thing I did. I went to a chiropractor for 2 months, and he also didn't know what was wrong. It also didn't relieve my pain

Can you help me...?

Reply to charlie