Question
Posted by: Phindi | 2004/11/05

Scary pPregnancy<br>

Recently found out I'm + 6weeks pregnent, realy scared I'm having severe abdominal pains, and can't eat as I'm feeling Nausea al the time, the worst thing is I'm so scared of having this baby I'm not even sure if I want too.
I realy need someone to talk too

The nausea is fairly normal. Mild abdominal pains are normal too. If they are severe, you should have a scan to check that the baby is in the right place.
If you are considering abortion, see your doctor to discuss it. It may also be useful to talk to a family member or friend.

4
Posted by: Lavinia | 2004/11/05

Phindi

How does your husband feel about having this baby? Is he starting to get excited at the prospect of becoming a daddy, or was the pregnancy unplanned?

Lavinia

Reply to Lavinia
Posted by: Nhlakes | 2004/11/05

Hi there Phindi,

I havent been on this site for long now and am glad to read your posting as my first ever since.

Abdominal pains are normal since it is only your womb layer (whatever they call it) stretching. It has to, remember because your baby needs to grow. So there isnt much to worry about.

You obviously need someone to talk to and yes a Psychologist is an option. S/He will be non-judgemental to you as being mentioned by Purple. Pregnancy is emotional and you do not really need to stress or worry, so it is advisable that you consult with someone as soon as possible.
We cannot argue that a child is a gift from God and here for a reason, however we are all given freedom of choice. Have a moment all to yourself and think about being a mother and that may change some of your thoughts. And maybe (who knows) after seeing that little heartbeat on the screen might make you make other plans.

Good Luck and God Bless!!!!!!! (",)

Reply to Nhlakes
Posted by: Purple | 2004/11/05

Pregnancy is a very emotional time.

Why not make an appointment with a psychologist. They will listen to you non-judgementally and let you air your feelings.

Its quite normal, even if you have been desperately trying for a baby to feel ambivelent about it or even wish it away when your pregnancy is suddenly a reality. You are not a bad person, and it doesn't mean that you want the baby any less - its just your hormones playing havoc on you, and your mind trying to wrap around the changes that are happening in your body and about to happen to your life.

I'm sure you'll get lots of messages of support. Be strong. What Phindi says is exactly true.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: lans | 2004/11/05

Dear Phindi,

Maybe you are just scared of the unknown - you will see it will go better - especially if you see that little hartbeat on a monitor - good luck to you -

Reply to lans