Posted by: Scared | 2008/11/03

Scaring myself

Hi Cs

Hope you are well! Pls can you shed some light on what' s going on with me and how I can change this around?

The last few weeks things in my life have been going wrong with family and other folks ppl that I love dearly. There has been alot of uglyness and lots of fighting, try as I might I try to fix things and make things better but am failing terribly. I am a single parent and I' m getting attached for this every time I turn around.

I' m getting run down and treated badly and insulted to the extent that I don' t say anything anymore I keep it inside and bottled up, no wants to hear what I have to say or is interested it' s their way or no way. Talking just doesn' t work. It feels like my heart is breaking and being ripped out and stmped on. Needless to say I' m hurting so much inside I don' t know what to do about it.

I have never been the type of person that will inflict self harm onto myself but the feeling to redirect the pain I feel inside is so overwhelming, I have this urge to cut myself and it' s very strong. I have not done it, I get as far as holding the knife in my hand to do it but there is always something that stops me. I don' t want all these cuts on my arms and am always relived that I never did it. My concern is what do I do when I don' t feel that way anymore, this scares me it feels like it' s getting too close.

Thank you for your time

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

If may not be a good idea to become a single parent without careful thought --- but once this has happened, there's no point whatever in other people criticizing you and being rude to you --- how is that going to ahcnge anything for the better ? Do not give in to the temptation for self-harm, butrather arange to see a cvounsellor, and talk things over with lifeline meantime.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.