Question
Posted by: disgusting bullimorexic | 2006/04/20

scared of dying

Hey d doc I am battling with swallowing and keeping any food down, i'm having a nutrishake and a fruit daily to keep my weight safe but my bmi is 16 already.I only have this year to complete my matric or I lose my 3 subjects I have already done.I don't know what to do to get my mindset right and manage to keep food down.I'm stuck in a rutt and can only afford tara please help.Is there anything besides a 6 month stay at tara to help gain weight, get my eating right and be able to complete my matric?

Dear Young Reader
I am very worried about you and if you cannot afford a dietitian and clinical psychologist, then Please go back to Tara ASAP to get the help you so urgently need. If you die because of your anorexia you will in any case not be able to finish matric and I am sure the authorities at Tara will help you to either study and write your exams at the hospital or help you with other arrangements. The first priority is to get you back to eating normally again and preventing you from starving to death - for this you need expert help, so go to Tara. Once you have your physical and psychological problems worked out and are gaining some weight, you can get back to the studies and concentrate on the studies, instead of self-destruction. Let's first save your life and then worry about the studies.
Go immediately for help
Holding thumbs for you