Question
Posted by: Scared | 2005/11/25

Scared now

I read that symptoms of cervical cancer are bleeding and an offensive discharge. I have had smelly discharges before and thought it was infections. I had it a few times in the last 7 years or so. How do I know this is not cervical cancer - apart from pap smears?

The only way to diagnose cervical cancer is with a pap smear and internal examination. This is the reason for having regular pap smears.

1
Posted by: Bb | 2005/11/25

If youve had it over 7 years your last pap smear would have picked it up. There are a few causes of smelly discharge, the chances of it being cancer are very small indeed. As far as I know there isnt another way to tell whether its cancer or not without a pap smear so rather put your mind at ease an have one done.

In the mean time dont stress, what you have discribed is fairly common.

Reply to Bb