Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2006/10/30

Scared and Embarrassed

I am 22 and have never been to a Gynecologist for a check up. I have also been using the same pill for almost 5 years. I think that I might also have warts. I am just so embarrassed to go. Is it better to go to a Female Gynecologist or to a Male?

I hope that SamG has helped.

1
Posted by: SamG | 2006/10/30

Different strokes for different folks. I prefer a female gynae, but most of my friends prefer a male gynae. Don't be embarrassed, cos they do this all day everyday. I remember having a vagina op in Feb and I had my period. When I spoke to the gynae about this, she laughed and assured me that either way it didn't concern her whether I was bleeding or not!! She is so used to checking out ladies' fannies everyday that nothing phases her at all!! If you would feel more comfy going with a female gynae, then do it.

Reply to SamG