Posted by: Anonymous | 2006/10/30

Scared and Embarrassed

I am 22 and have never been to a Gynecologist for a check up. I have also been using the same pill for almost 5 years. I think that I might also have warts. I am just so embarrassed to go. Is it better to go to a Female Gynecologist or to a Male?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

I hope that SamG has helped.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: SamG | 2006/10/30

Different strokes for different folks. I prefer a female gynae, but most of my friends prefer a male gynae. Don't be embarrassed, cos they do this all day everyday. I remember having a vagina op in Feb and I had my period. When I spoke to the gynae about this, she laughed and assured me that either way it didn't concern her whether I was bleeding or not!! She is so used to checking out ladies' fannies everyday that nothing phases her at all!! If you would feel more comfy going with a female gynae, then do it.

Reply to SamG

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.