Question
Posted by: Scared | 2007/05/07

Scared again!

Can you get cervical cancer at the age of 30? I have had normal smears the last 3 years, but I now have a lump and a growth thing on my cervix and am petrified as to what it could be. They say the symptoms are white discharge, but I have always had white discharge and thought this was normal. Please advise if this is possible? What is the average age for this type of cancer? Everything else is normal.

Dear Scared
the colour or volume of discharge has nothing to do with cervical cancer. One can get harmless polyps on the cervix and the only way they can confirm cancer is by doing a smear or a biopsy. There is no average age for cervix cancer. What is your doctor planning to do?