Question
Posted by: joe | 2007/05/15

scared

Any advice pleazzzze. Me and DH been trying for 6 years to
conceive, Had my peroid 14 of April, should have started 13th of this Month, nothing yet. Did a HPT Sunday(13th) morning result negative.To scared to do another one afraid of getting a negative result as I had so many of those in my life time, don't think I can stand another. Has anyone had the same experience? Share it with me please.

Dear Joe

Not all patients who are delayed with their menses or even those who have symptoms of breast tenderness and abdominal pain will have a positive home pregnancy test. There are several reasons for delayed menses other than menses such as persistent corpus luteal cysts or ovulatory dysfunction, polycystic ovarian syndrome etcetera. My advice would be to have a careful gynaecological assessment including investigation of tubal patency and sperm analysis to establish the true cause of the fertility problem. Should no obvious diagnosis be forthcoming then a series of intrauterine inseminations, under controlled stimulation protocols, should certainly improve the possibility of pregnancy.

3
Posted by: joe | 2007/05/15

Thanx for replying girlfriends! I'm just so sick and tired off the struggle were all in. It feels as if my whole life rewolves around ttc'ing. I think i'm just gonna wait and c what happens next, not going to do another HPT test. Eventually my period will come as it always does!!! Best wishes to all u wonderful soos 2 be mommy's out there. If it's not my turn this month, than I wish it to be someone elses. Good luck ladies.

Reply to joe
Posted by: Posh | 2007/05/15

i hate to say it but we are just suffering from the same problem and yesterday i just asked my GP to make an appointment for with a Gynae coz i'm tired of crossing fingers i just need to find out if it will ever happen or not!! keep the faith girlfriend

Reply to Posh
Posted by: becks | 2007/05/15

Hi there, also in the same boat as you, we've been ttc'ing for 2 and half years now. I suggest a blood test to see if you are preggies or not. Not all HPT are accurate so early. Also stress could be a factor in keeping you period away. good luck, holding thumbs for you!

Reply to becks