Question
Posted by: Scar tissue | 2006/11/02

Scar tissue

I sprained my foot over a year ago, but it's still really troubling me.
According to my physio, there is still alot of scar tissue and inflammation at the injury site.
What is scar tissue? Is it possible to ever get rid of it?
I've been having ultrasound and laser treatment twice a week for the past 3 months - but it does not seem to help much and at times does hurt when the physio does it.
Is there anything else I can do (including myself at home) to help break the scar tissue down and heal my foot?

Dear Scar tissue
You can't "undo" scar tissue - you can just make it more supple, and prevent contractures. Maybe you should ask you doctor to refer you to an orthopod, infiltrating it with cortisone may help.