Question
Posted by: Vicki | 2004/11/17

Scar from C-Section

I am 35 weeks pregnant and have a daughter of 14 months. She was born by c-section. Since my third month this time round I have suffered lower pain - basically where my scar is. It has gotton to the point that when I move it hurts - even when I turn over in bed. When I cough or sneeze I feel like going through the roof. Is this normal or could it be because my previous scar has not healed properly and could be causing a problem?

It could be a sign of scar dehiscence. Mention it to your gynaecologist, though if has been going on for several months, it is unlikely to be a problem.

2
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/11/17

I could probably be a nerve or something being trapped or pinched or could be an infection. See your gynae.
I had one almost 6 months ago and I am fine, sleeping on my stomach, moving furniture, etc without any problems.
This is not normal, see your doc!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Sana | 2004/11/17

this is exactly how i felt after the. The two weeks after the op were hell, i felt my pains exactly the same way u explained them. I could not cough, laugh or even change sleeping position. I had to walk around like an old lady walking on thorn.

If your baby is 14 months and u r still feeling those pains i suggest u go back to yoru gyanae or doc.

Reply to Sana