Question
Posted by: Raja | 2004/11/12

Scar as a result of moles being removed

Hi I had a mole in my neck and on my back that was removed last year Feb already. The wounds looked good but when it started to heal it became protrusive and red. The one in my neck looks terrible, lots of people asked where I get the lovebite from. Unfortunately it looks like a lovebite when you give it a quick look. Is there any way how I can get rid of it? If only it wasn't as red as it is and maybe flatter against my skin it would be acceptable.

Raja, it sounds like it might be due to keloid tissue forming after the operation. A keloid is scar tissue that doesn’t stop growing when it is supposed to. Option are to have it removed surgically (there is a risk of making it worse), injecting cortisone into the lesion, applying strong cortisone creams, radiation, etc. the best would be to see a dermatologist so that he can make a proper diagnosis and suggest the most effective treatment option. Good luck.