Question
Posted by: Just a Q | 2006/10/31

Saying I love you

My boyfriend always tells me he loves me and I reply that I love him too. We talked over the phone and I ended the conversation with love you and he said "me too". He is at work and has people around him, but somehow it upset me that he said "me too" instead of love you too. Am i being stupid about the whole thing??

Yes, indeed, you ARE being stupid about the whole thing. If you both enjoy reciting such prases at each other in provate, that's fine. But to expect a man to make e total idiot out of himself at work and embarrass himself in front of others, is foolish.
I'm with Delene on this one ---

9
Posted by: Delene | 2006/10/31

LMAO, kat, really positive outlook.

I found it rather silly when people MUST say i love you.

My husband & I spoke about it last night actually. Its something you say when you want to say it, not when the other person wants to hear it............

I hate it when he expects me to say it, while im in a meeting or something. Its for me to decide when I want to say it, just like its for your boyfriend to decide. Lets face it, its not always appropiate in a working environment.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/31

look at it this way at least he answered the phone.

Reply to kat
Posted by: Hi | 2006/10/31

So in other words he actualy said that he loves himself too??

Reply to Hi
Posted by: anon | 2006/10/31

we express love in different ways. i really hate this i love you word that seems to come with no meaning. id rather have a man that doesnt tell me those three words everyday, but ACTIONING out how he feels about me.
i also hardly ever say i love you. i try to act like a person who is in love.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Buffs | 2006/10/31

lol my hubby's response to "i love you' is usually "I know", be happy atleast you got a me too

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/31

stop stressing, the boy loves you.

Reply to kat
Posted by: sideways | 2006/10/31

What are you going on about? Chill. Based on what you have said there is nothing to fear, nothing at all.

Reply to sideways
Posted by: Just a Q | 2006/10/31

Pora,
We've been together for 1 and a half years.

Reply to Just a Q
Posted by: Pora | 2006/10/31

How long you have been dating for? Saying me too is better than not saying anything at all. Don't feel insecure

Reply to Pora