Question
Posted by: Gigli | 2005/11/25

Saw something terrible today

Hi CD, today while driving on the beach front I saw a boy who had just been knocked down a few seconds before. I saw the car with the cracked windscreen and his hand print still there. I saw the side mirror dangling by its wires and the boy laying dead still on the road. I think its because I dont know the outcome that Im struggling with this. Later I heard a hellicopter and tried to guess if it was for him or not.

How do I get these images out of my head, Ive been feeling like crying and all shaken up since. Ive even thought about phoning the hospitals to see if he was admitted there and asking about his condition.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Hi Gigli,
What you described in your first postng is typical of a normal but sensitive individual after witnessing something unpleasant involving damage, death or the threat of death to someone else. And your second message illustrates a typical recovery after a day or two. For a while you may feel a bit squeamish on passing down that road again, or in some similar situation, but this reaction, too is likely to settle down before long. It's very sad that such things happen at all, let alone that they happen fairly often --- and apart from our sympathy for the person directly affected, it reminds us uncomfortably that we are all fragile and mortal.

2
Posted by: Gigli | 2005/11/26

Thank you for your response, it is greatly apreciated :)

Reply to Gigli
Posted by: Gigli | 2005/11/26

Dont worry Doc, feeling much better about this today. Had time to process this and doing good now. xox

Reply to Gigli