Question
Posted by: SMS Queen | 2005/11/21

Satanish & Death Thoughts

When I was in St. 10 I had a boyfriend who was a Satanist (I did not know it).

I then went with him to a meeting, not knowing were we were going or what it was for, (blindfolded till we got to the place) and although I was not in the crowd carrying snakes etc (we were in a separate group, apart from the believers) I was, what can I call it, hexed ?

Because after that I had the most horrible dreams (I broke it off with him) of being in a coffin and not being able to get out, of worms eating at me etc. It got so bad that I had to bite or hurt myself to get the thoughts to stop.

I went to study and it continued, my parents sent me to a place where I was hospitalized and placed in sleep therapy amongst other things.

That did not work and they got a priest to what they called drive the devil out of me.

In any case today I’m in my 30’s and every now and then (it’s never stopped) I still get these thoughts. Sometimes late at night when alone, I think of me, I’m going to die, I will no longer be here on this earth, my body will rot and I will just die, I will no longer be.
Yes I know about God and all that it still does not help me. I hate these thoughts and sometimes I must quickly put on the TV or wake my husband or whatever to just stop thinking about it, I never get these thoughts in the day. When I die that’s it. I AM no longer etc

Will I just have to live with this for ever ?

When you were in Std 10, you had a bf who was an immature litle show-off, who liked to pretend to be special and to freak out adults and others, and who pretended to be what he thought a satanist might be like.
Being hexed is no risk at all, except if you choose to believe in all that mumbo-jumbo. Nobod has ever been afflicted by demons or related unpleasant thoughts, except when they believed in them. It is your belioef in them that provides the power for such imaginary forces to make you miserable.
Its good that your parents tried to get you expert help --- but unfortunat that a 100 % quack "sleep therapy" whicb is never used by any competent shrink, was used.
Fortunately there is no need for you to put up with these unpleasant thoughts for much longer. But you must see a competent, properly trained, modern shrink, who doesn't believe in witchcraft nor indulge in dangerous and useless treatments like sleep therapy. Modern Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, CBT, is excellent, short, and powerful for learning to control uncomfortable thoughts, and some specific medications may help as well.

5
Posted by: Rissie | 2005/11/21

Mmm, ek weet hoe jy voel. Dis hectic. Ek was deur dieselle. Ek weet jy was saam met jou ou maar demone sien dit as n oop deur omdat jy geen resistance kon bied nie.

Reply to Rissie
Posted by: Penny | 2005/11/21

you know what...these things norally happen to you when God is about to do something amazing in your life and the devil knows it and he does everyhitng he can to destroy you...whta i find helps is just taking my bible and siiting in my room and just read it from anywhere and there you will find that God is actually talking to you and you need to talk to Him and ask him to save you and he will...i read this book about a moslem woman becoming a christian...she went through some almost similar and all she did was give Go a chance and He saved her....all you need to do is dare to believe...
the book is called dared to call Him Father...great book.

Reply to Penny
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/21

I feel for you.
Actually i have seen how demons can grip a person, and its very real & awful. and sumtimes not easy to get freed
really nothing to play with.

There are people who specialize in this field. I reckon you shouldnt just see any priest. go to sumone who work with this on a daily basis
not just anyone can help you. I believe that.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: jen | 2005/11/21

No you don't have to.
Have you ever thought about giving your life to Christ? I went through a time in my life were I wanted to kill my self until I decided to let Christ into my heart. That’s why he died on the cross so you and me can be saved. You can make an appointment with a Pastor and talk to him/her about what you are going through. There is always hope.

Reply to jen
Posted by: Lois_Lane | 2005/11/21

You said you have already gone the route of going to a priest, but, with situations like this, deliverance does not always work the first time. sometimes it is more a form of demonic oppression rather than possesion. a curse was placed on me and my marriage, i had been for prayer and nothing happened. only many, many prayers later was i finally freed. i am not saying it will take forever, but you seriously need to go back for deliverance, situations like this need to be dealt with immediately, otherwise it will consume your life. FIGHT IT.

Reply to Lois_Lane