Question
Posted by: BK | 2006/10/31

Sasha

Hi doc
I have a female dog, she is 4.5 years old, very energetic and lovable. For the past 2 weeks she has not been eating and is not lively like she normally is. she drinks alot of water though. Please advise me, i will appreciate it.

Drinking lost of water can be caused by many things. The most commo and not a problem is warm weather, then there is changing to dry food, then diabetes and kidney problems and then a dog that drinks too much water that then cuases a problem with the kidneys unable to concerntrate the urine. If thshe is not herslef please have you vet check her out. Some dogs that have a twisted stomach also drink lots of water. This is an emergency.

2
Posted by: BK | 2006/11/08

Hi doc
With tears in my eyes Sasha passed on on Tuesday. i have taken her to the vet. she could walk, wag her tail, very sad when I had to leave her there. The unfortunate thing is she didnt make after being at the SPCA for 3 days. I still think with familiar people around her she would have made it if i knew what medication to give her, not with strangers all over her. I am very sad, she was part of the family although she was not a live in house dog. We all loved her, even my other family fell in love her.

Reply to BK
Posted by: WR | 2006/10/31

Have you taken her to the Vet?? If not, do that first! Don't waste time....he will be your best bet on a (hopefully) speedy recovery for your dog, as she does not sound well.

Reply to WR